Recycling improvements coming to Chatham-Kent
Pick up a new and bigger recycling box
As part of a push to improve recycling in Chatham-Kent, the Municipality’s Waste and Recycling Services is offering several initiatives. New, bigger recycling boxes are being offered to all single family residents who receive curbside collection free of charge. These boxes have been acquired with funding from Waste Diversion Ontario and Stewardship Ontario and are designed to handle more recyclables. The boxes can be picked up as follows:
· Wallaceburg- the municipal yard at 105 Arnold Street, on Thursday, July 5 from 8AM to 2PM and Saturday, July 7 from 2PM to 6PM
· Harwich Transfer Station at 21633 Communication Road, on Tuesday, July 10 from 8AM to 2PM and Saturday, July 14 from 2PM to 6PM
· As of Thursday, July 5, your nearest Municipal Centre or Information Desk during business hours.
Residents are reminded that nearly all the plastics in the household can now be recycled. Please refer to your new curbside collection calendar for details.
Visit Chatham-Kent Reuses – www.chatham-kent.reuses.com
Waste and Recycling Services has launched a new website to help residents find alternatives for items that would normally go into the local landfill. (Partially funded by Waste Diversion Ontario and the Continuous Improvement Fund.)
· Sign up today at www.chatham-kent.reuses.com and use the Recyclopedia feature to recycle your items and find out what other residents have to offer.
· Don’t forget to tell your friends about us, the more people that use the site, the better it gets!
Have your say!
The Waste and Recycling Services is also working hard on a Waste Recycling Strategy that will guide recycling for several years. Now is your chance to read and comment on the draft strategy.
· When you visit our new Chatham-Kent Reuses website at www.chatham-kent.reuses.com , click on the “Have Your Say” link and send us an e-mail to receive your copy.
· Also, a public meeting about the Strategy will be held on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 7PM in the Council Chambers of the Civic Centre, 315 King St. West, Chatham.
· Have your say at the meeting – or simply e-mail your comments before July 31 to “Have Your Say” on the new Chatham-Kent Reuses website.
You can also telephone the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at 519.360.1998.