L-K-M candidates having ‘health-care’ forum in Wallaceburg
The Chatham Kent Health Coalition is a newly formed community advocacy group, associated with the Ontario Health Coalition.
The purpose of this group is to advocate for local, publicly funded health care for all residents of Chatham Kent.
The Chatham Kent Health Coalition is a non-partisan group, as is the Ontario Health Coalition.
The Canadian health care system is in danger of being torn into pieces, while privately owned money making entities replace public health care. Moreover, health care is being re-constructed by politicians. Think about what we are seeing now:
• Services are being moved to larger centers
• Patients have to travel distances to access services, often far away from home
• Small community hospitals are being downsized, leaving residents to travel to larger centers for care
• Small community Emergency rooms are being downsized or closed.
• More and more services are being de-listed, costing citizens to pay out of pocket for services they need.
• Registered nurses are being replaced by less qualified staff.
• Staff numbers are being reduced
• Access to Nursing Home beds does not serve the numbers of people in the community who need to access this service
• Extreme wait times for Home Care
• Inadequate Home Care services.
We are concerned that public health care is being eroded, and that the public does not know what each provincial political party plans to do with health care in Ontario. All politicians will say they will improve health care, but the question is how, exactly? Do citizens agree with party platforms? Do the politicians realize what the public’s health care priorities are?
We are inviting you to join us, at an All-Candidates forum for the riding of
Lambton-Kent-Middlesex. The preparations are being made, organized and finalized.
We hope for a heavy community showing to ensure that the provincial candidates know that our community wants the right to ask questions and hear answers. This process will help voters to make their decision, as to whom to vote for.
The details regarding the Lambton-Kent-Middlesex All Candidates forum on health care follow:
• Date: September 27, 2011
• Time: 7PM to 9:30PM
• Place: Oak’s Inn, Wallaceburg, ON
• Moderator: G. Patterson, CKXS FM radio in Wallaceburg and Dresden.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact me at 519-677-4460, or e-mail me at