Kiwanis Theatre featuring ‘The Sunday Showcase’
The Kiwanis Theatre announces a new film series called The Sunday Showcase. One Sunday a month, we will feature some of the best movies within a theme. What a fabulous way to revisit some of your favourite flicks- on the BIG screen!
- Elizabeth Taylor- Sunday, September 18- National Velvet, Butterfield 8, and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Great Car Chases- Sunday, October 16- Bullitt, The French Connection, and The Blues Brothers
- Indiana Jones- Sunday, November 20- Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Charles Dickens- Sunday, December 11- A Tale of Two Cities (1935), David Copperfield (1935), and Great Expectations (1998)
- Alfred Hitchcock- Sunday, January 15- Strangers on A Train, North By Northwest, and Dial ‘M’ For Murder
- Johnny Depp- Sunday, February (date TBA)- Chocolat, Sleepy Hollow, and Blow
- Marilyn Monroe- Sunday, March 25- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Seven Year Itch, and Niagara
- Tom Cruise- Sunday, April 22- Top Gun, Risky Business, and Days of Thunder
- Sean Connery- Sunday, May 20- The Hunt for Red October, The Man Who Would be King, and The Untouchables
- Council Pix- Sunday, June 10- Saving Private Ryan, and The Godfather (original)
The Sunday Showcase tickets are $10 for the day. Movies will be shown at 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm. It’s your choice for one price- come and see one, two, or all three movies for only $10 (includes HST). Tickets available at the door only-no advance sales. The Kiwanis Theatre is located at 75 William Street North in Chatham.
We “shop” locally- the Kiwanis Theatre borrows movies from the Chatham-Kent Public Library!